This morning we went to the YunTai Botanical Gardens. As with my previous trip there, they were beautiful but HOT! At least this time we didn't get caught in a thunderstorm so we were able to have lunch in the great little noodle house next to the gardens. I took tons of photos but honestly I am just too tired to sort through them all tonight.
At 2:00 this afternoon we had to take Ruby to the medical exam place to get the first round of Hague required immunizations. She received two shots and will have to get three more on Saturday. The place was completely empty and they offered to do Ruby's official medical exam while we were there, even though it was scheduled for Saturday. It was nice to get that out of the way. When we go back on Saturday with our travel group we will only have to get the remaining three immunizations and can then go back to the hotel.
We had some major breakthroughs today. We got our first SMILE! She only gave us one but its a great start. I got her to eat a little banana, congee, and scrambled eggs at breakfast, two big bowls of congee at lunch, and another bowl at dinner. Bottles and formula are a definite no-go so we are just sticking with the sippy cups for water. Ruby also played much more today and had a great time dumping cheerios into stacking cups with Abby.
Tomorrow is going to be a long tough day. We are leaving at 7:30am to make the 3.5 hour drive to the Yangdong SWI. I am praying that this won't be too hard on Ruby (or me for that matter!). Also I hope that it will be a positive experience for Abby.

.jpg)


7 comments:
Wonderful!!! Glad to hear she is making some progress. I try to imagine what our children go through during this transition and my mind simply can't process what it must be like for them. She definitely has a different look in her eyes...less panic. So sweet!
It looks hot! I can see Abby's cheeks are flushed! Will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers for a great trip tomorrow for all. ZoraLin loved going to Jordis' orphanage.
~~Hugs~~
Christie
Vicki,I am Cynthia Pettit and you do not know me but I got your information from Amy. We are also using Small World and we had one referral that was taking back from CCAi due to her being sick so we got a new referral and she is 16 months old and from Dong Guan in Guangdong Province. I am not for sure if your little girl is from there or not! We hope to travel this summer. Maybe when you get back from China we can touch base with each other. Your baby is beautiful !!!! My e-mail is cynthia.pettit@insightbb.com.Have a safe trip
Hi We were there in Jan. and loved the botanical gardens. Your little one is so sweet and your Abby is obviously a wonderful big sister. Little Ruby will be feeling better soon.
Kathie in NY
She is just precious! I am glad you are having breakthroughs!
Good to hear about a smile. Can't wait to see a photo of a smile :-) enjoyed the stories and the photos.
Diane
Hey - it's one of your new loyal readers - we went LOI with Small World Wednesday! Thanks for the invitation - looking forward to following your adventure! It looks like ya'll are really doing great - but then you guys are 'old hands' at this! It's also kind of cool to read things like "we had a late lunch at Lucy's" and know exactly where you are! Enjoy a Tsing Dau for me - great joy for you guys in Cincy!
hugs - aus and co.
Post a Comment