Monday, May 4, 2009

Receiving Ruby

We arrived at the Guangdong Civil Affairs office around 2:30. There were quite a few other families there -- I would guess around 12-15. The room was a bit stuffy and I could feel the anticipation in the air. It was so wonderful to look around and see so many families waiting for their little ones.
Ruby arrived very shortly after we did. Rebecca gestured to me to come over to her on the other side of the room. I was about half way there when I saw Ruby being carried toward me. As she was handed to me she started to cry. She only cried for a few minutes and then completely shut down.
Our poor baby! She is grieving so hard. She hadn't uttered a single sound for almost 24 hours. And just now she began crying the most heart-wenching cry I have ever heard. As I sit here holding her and wiping the tears and sweat from her sweet face I just want to cry right along with her!

On our way to Civil Affairs -- two thumbs up from Abby

Our first glimpse

Abby with our wonderful guide Rebecca

A very scared little girl


10 comments:

ourchinagirls said...

Poor Ruby Jane! Hang in there, I bet her little mind has a lot to comprehend right now. And I just noticed the change in the Blog title!!

~~Hugs~~
Christie

agirlandhergun said...

She is beautiful!!! So happy to see her in your arms!!! Panda hugs! Shelby

M and M Girls said...

Poor little Ruby- so sad for her too. Her world has been turned upside down. It will get so much better for her.... she soon will grasp it. She is so sweet looking.
Diane

Truly Blessed said...

Oh, my heart hurts for Ruby. You know that she has a wonderful life ahead of her, but she doesn't know that yet. Be strong and loving and she'll be fine. It will take some time, but she'll be just fine.

What a beautiful child she is!

Mandi said...

Congratulations! She is gorgeous. I lover her eyes. I cannot wait to hear more of your journey.

Mandi

day by day said...

Oh, bless her heart!!! I know that feeling of wishing you could make it all better. Give Ruby a hug from us!

Eileen said...

Oh, poor little Ruby. With all of the huge changes in her life, who wouldn't be scared? I'm sure her heart will soon be comforted and she'll start to open up.

She had the most angelic face. Wow, it makes me want to do paperwork.

Seattlemom said...

Oh sweet Ruby. She is so beautiful and so sad. It will all be OK with time as you know only so well. Lily was that age when we met her and I think the transition is especially hard for those little ones who are not quite babies and not toddlers yet. She has such a loving family to discover.
Jill

the meaklims said...

Aww, poor RubyJane. Isn't she beautiful! :)

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Poor sweet Ruby {{{{hugs}}}}} She is so beautiful!!!!! I am so happy to see her in your arms where she belongs : )
I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm thinking of you sweet friend.

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs