Sunday, May 3, 2009

Adventures in Japan

Our flight from Seattle to Japan was basically uneventful. When we arrived in Japan, however, we had a little bit of excitement. Our plane was boarded by heavily masked health inspectors and every passenger had to have a thermal screen done to look for signs of swine flu. Thankfully everyone passed and we were allowed to continue deplaning.

We had a three hour layover at the Narita airport, during which Abby lost a tooth! We found it on the floor and have it safely put away in a ziplock baggie so that we can bring it home and leave it under her pillow for the tooth fairy.

Health inspectors

I wonder what these guys thought about all the passengers taking their photos!
Abby in Narita Airport

Missing tooth


5 comments:

ourchinagirls said...

How exciting! Doesn't it remind you of SARS? That will be one tooth that Abby never forgets!

~~Hugs~~
Christie

sad sack said...

Vicki –

We were in China exactly five years ago to adopt Cassie. I think five is a good number! Remember to send your steak back at Lucy’s if it is raw like mine was. I went ahead and ate mine…


John

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Abby! You lost a tooth on your travels to Tokyo, were confronted by masked men with heat sensors and landed safely in Guongzhou. You need to write a story about this.

Bphatch said...

Abby can't wait to hear the interest a tooth earns during a trip around the world.

Doug and Terrye said...

WOW!!! You scared me when you said "heavily masked..." I didn't know where you were going with that :) Did they find anyone with an elevated temp? Talk about "keeping it safe!"
I'm anxiously awaiting all that's to come :)

Terrye in FL

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs