Sunday, May 17, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

We arrived home early Thursday morning. Both Abby and Ruby did so well on the flights from Guangzhou to Narita/Tokyo and then on to Seattle. We all dozed a little bit but were very very tired by the time we got off the plane at Sea-Tac. Immigration and customs were a breeze compared to the last time when we came back to the US through LAX.

Seeing our family at the airport was so wonderful. I swear that the girls all grew 6 inches taller while I was gone! Ruby didn't complain much about being strapped into her carseat for the ride home. She was so enthralled by the Backyardigans DVD that was playing in the car that I guess she forgot all about her confinement.

The big girls are so in love with their new sister. For the first two days Ruby would push them away when they tried to hug and kiss her. But now she loves all the attention. What a change I have seen in Ruby in the past two weeks. That sad, withdrawn little baby who was handed off to me in Guangzhou has blossomed into such a precious gift! She now smiles and laughs all the time. She dances to music and waves at anyone who looks at her. She scribbles with the girls' markers and gets into all their stuff. She is curious about everything, opening every door, drawer, closet, or box that she can. And she absolutely loves her baths!

Now if we could all just get adjusted to our local time zone rather than China's time zone for sleeping all would be right in our little corner of the world.

Five Ladybug Princesses

Ruby -- our newest precious gift

14 comments:

Bphatch said...

Welcome Home!!

M and M Girls said...

Wonderful! Such a great sight to see the beautiful girls together - at last! A Wonderful Family Indeed!!

So glad to hear that all went fine with the trip home. Ahhh....and Ruby is shining through and showing all her brillance! Never doubted as I know you didn't either. :-) Blessed indeed.
I look forward to hearing more stories of all the great adventures of the ladybug princesses and mom too.

panda hugs
Diane and the girls

Aus said...

WEll welcome home! So happy for you guys - and now may your adventure really begin!

hugs - aus and co.

Eileen said...

How great to see all the ladybug princesses together! It sounds like Ruby definitely is a precious jewel. Glad you're home.

day by day said...

So glad to hear you are home and had a good flight back!!

How nice to see all of your girls together...you are one blessed Mama!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good trip home & that LAX went smoothly for you!
What amazingly beautiful girls!

ourchinagirls said...

Great to see you all back home! Hope to see photos of that big smile on Ruby's face soon!

~~Hugs~~
Christie

Stephe said...

Welcome Home!!! I'm so happy to see Ruby doing so well!!! What an amazing bunch of girls! Hugs to all of you! Stephe & Giorgia

quilt'n-mama said...

Welcome home! I have loved watching your journey home with sweet Ruby, she is beautiful! I love the pictures of the girls all together!
Blessings,
Gayly

Steve n Coco said...

Welcome home!! And what a glorious first weekend in the sun together as a family! Wishing you sleep...

Also, good to know about LAX. I guess we'll have to look into that one. So, flying through Japan is how you do it from Seattle?

Be blessed,
Courtney (on RQ)

The Montieth Family said...

I love seeing all 5 of the Ladybug Princess' together! Welcome Home!

Megan
Mommy to Emma from YD

Truly Blessed said...

Wonderful! So glad you're home with all 5 princesses!r

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

YEAH!!!! Welcome home : ) sounds like things are going well...minus the sleep. Who needs sleep when your having fun LOL
{{{{hug}}}

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Hi, I found your site on China Adopt Talk, we are in Seattle also! How beautiful your children are! Congrats!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs