Wednesday, November 24, 2010

First Piano Recital

Ellie had her very first official piano recital this past weekend. She loves her teacher, loves learning to play the piano, and had practiced her piece so many times that I found myself humming it at all hours of the day. Her best friend Emily is taking lessons from the same teacher so they were scheduled to perform in the same recital. Both girls had nervous tummies full of butterflies. These two have a such a special bond with each other, beginning eight years ago in a little town in China and continuing here at home with their forever families. It was so sweet to watch them support each other, cheer each other on, and share their success together. Gosh, I am just so proud of both Ellie and Emily. It is amazing to watch these beautiful little girls blossom.

Ellie with her BFF Emily
Serious discussions before their performances

The Big Moment -- she played her piece flawlessly

Their teacher has chosen Ellie and Emily to play a duet in the Christmas recital next month. I can't wait to see what these two can accomplish together!!

4 comments:

Kate said...

They look especially darling having their discussion on the steps...that photo really tells the story!! IT almost brought a tear to my eye just reading about it.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Aus said...

The look just lovely - the pics really capture the moment!

hugs to all - aus and co.

Hillard Family said...

Hello, I found your blog from a post you did on RQ, we have 4 adopted children and we are starting the readoption process. We decided to wait and do all of them at the same time. I haven't been able to find any info on how to do this. We also live in Wa State in Clark County. Do you have any information that you can give regarding starting this process without an attorney? Thank you so much for any information. We are in the process of another from Korea and any savings here would be such a blessing. Thank you so much!Jessicahillard@msn.com

Hoots Momma said...

Vicki, we were LOA 11/24 and USCIS 12/14 same as you guys. we are SOOO waiting for the NVC e-mail and can't beleive they are closed due to the weather! I thought we were all alone in our misery. I found you on RQ. We may be travelig the same time! IF we ever get to that point.

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs