Sorry for the delay in posting the rest of our road trip photos -- I guess life just got a bit busy around here!
Our first stop after visiting with family in California was the Grand Canyon. I have wanted to go there since I was a little kid -- it was so worth the wait!! We rode the historic Grand Canyon Railway from Williams, AZ to the Grand Canyon. We bought tickets in the "cheap seats" in the restored 1923 Pullman car. We chose that car because it has seats that can reverse so we could all sit together facing each other. The trip is about two hours each way and the girls did great. They enjoyed seeing all the sights along and way and listening to the strolling musicians. Although the first thing they say about the ride now is that they got to drink free sodas on the train. It was very hot at the Canyon, in the upper 90's, making our hike a bit uncomfortable. We stayed in the shade as much as possible and wimped out at the end and took the bus back to the railway station instead of hiking back.
We arrived at the historic Grand Canyon Railway station
Photos just don't do the beauty of the Grand Canyon justice!!Resting in the 90 degree shade during our hike

.jpg)


3 comments:
Vicki what a truly gorgeous family you have!!!!
xxx
s
What I wouldn't give for 90 degree heat right now. Here in the pacific northwest, it was a whopping 60 today..burr.
Your girls are so pretty
I keep checking your blog everyday for more trip updates! You have me at the edge of my seat in anticipation!!!! Your girls are just TOO Cotton-pickin' cute!! I wanna squeeze those sweet cheeks and give them all a big ole hug!!
Christie ;-)
Post a Comment