Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Petrified Forest and Route 66

Our next stop was the Petrified Forest National Park. The girls enjoyed seeing the "rocks" but were much more interested in all the dinosaur skeletons that were on display inside the visitor center. And the temperature was much more comfortable inside there too!!

As we drove, we followed the historic Route 66. For some of the way we drove on original stretches of this legendary road. At other places we saw parts of original road that have been abandoned and taken over by wilderness. It was fun to imagine what it must have been like to drive on that road back in it's heyday.


Petrified Forest National Park

Some sisterly love

An historic pueblo style inn along Route 66

Getting their kicks on Route 66

1 comment:

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Getting kicks is just the cutest! Looks like a great trip. I grew up in AZ and have been to all these places.

I want to let you know that today I am a featured blogger over at the mombuzz.com. I was asked which is the favorite blog that I have made over and I picked yours.

Have a great day!

Diana

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs