Today was our getting settled in day. I woke up at 3:30am and then fitfully dozed off and on until about 5:00. Thankfully Ellie and Maddie slept until about 6:30 so they were pretty chipper all day today.
After talking with everybody at home on Skype, we went down to the buffet breakfast around 8:00. Ellie and Maddie both ate well but I just couldn’t get much down. Utter exhaustion hit right as I sat down at the table with my plate of food. As soon as the girls were done eating we came back to the room and they played quietly with their Nintendos and art projects while I got a couple of hours of good sleep. That made a huge difference in my ability to function!
We met our guide, Denise, at 2:00 and took a quick taxi ride to Walmart for some essentials (diapers, formula, snacks, water). After coming back to drop off our purchases, we headed out again and wandered through the Aqua City Mall that is attached to our hotel. We then walked to the Confucius Temple area near our hotel. While there we took a short little boat ride on the river. Near the end of the ride Maddie kept asking when was the ride going to be over and when were we going to go back to our room. That was my cue that she was running out of steam so back we came (but of course we just had to stop in the little shop with all the hair bows on our way!).
We ate in our room and the girls are now getting ready for an early bedtime. My eyes are starting to see double too so I won’t be far behind them.
15 hours until we meet Lilyanne.
.jpg)


4 comments:
Factoring in time zones - you have Lilyanne now!! HOORAH!!
Glad it was a good day to stop and recharge alittle bit - and it sounds like Ellie and Maddie are being real troopers - nice work there ladies!
Great Joy for you guys - hugs around - aus and co.
So excited to see you with your new baby girl!
Enjoy every moment!
Denise was our guide in Nanjing in Aug. 09! She is very sweet and will take good care of you. :)
She is a doll baby. Thanks for posting. I love Nanjing!!!!
Post a Comment