Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Six Months Ago Today

Six months ago today, in the civil affairs bureau in Guangzhou, China, a tiny little baby girl was placed in my arms. She cried, she pushed me away, she kicked her wobbly little legs, and then she shut down. She didn't make another sound for two whole days. And her eyes held such sadness. It simply broke my heart.

Today that sadness is long gone and in its place is a whole lotta mischievousness! RubyJane is a happy, independant, determined, and loving little girl who has grabbed life by the horns and isn't going to let go. Our family definitely revolves around her and she knows it!! I can't wait to see what the next six months has in store for us.

7 comments:

ourchinagirls said...

Isn't it amazing what time and love do for our children.

~~Hugs~~
Christie

Aus said...

Oh Vicki - what a wonderful post! And the pictures - oh don't they just tell the whole story? Your girl is .... well - I just hope you have roller skates to keep up with her!

Great joy - and hugs -

aus and co.

Eileen said...

She is SO cute! I want to see her in person sometime! On a totally unrelated subject, I was talking to a man at my stained glass class and when I told him my daughter was from China he said, "Oh, I wonder if you know Vicki...." Anyway, I don't even know his last name, but he said I could just say "Kevin the drywall guy"!

Eileen

the meaklims said...

Precious.

Dana said...

Ruby looks wonderful! I can't believe it has been six months. I don't know if I told you but you helped me so much when we were in China. Just chatting with you in WS playroom and seeing your beautiful, happy girls made me feel like we would make it through:)Makenna is doing great and I can't wait to go back to visit China one day! My Dad on the other hand probably won't go back...lol...he was a trooper but it was a tough trip for him.Happy to see your wonderful family is doing so well.

Steve n Coco said...

Congratulations and happy birthday!! Ruby looks wonderful and I'm so glad she is doing so well.
Be blessed,
Courtney

Lola Granola said...

Howdy--we are just past six months ourselves, and having a very "china" oriented day here...I hear three of my four pretending to go to China downstairs, to visit a friend of our 4-year-old's who's still there. I never know if that stuff is good or bad, but there is is!
Best wishes,
Kj, aka Lola Granola

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs