Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ginger Snaps and Butterscotch Sugar Drops

This morning the girls and I baked cookies to take to the Christmas party at pre-school tomorrow. Since I was using this as a homeschooling opportunity, we read through part of an Old-Fashioned Cookies cookbook and decided on two recipies that had "unusual" ingredients. First we made a batch of Ginger Snaps and then we made Butterscotch Sugar Drops with Dried Cranberries. A flurry of sifting, mixing, whisking, stirring, pouring, smelling and licking was followed by (im)patient waiting for the cookies to come out of the oven. Finally, we all got to taste our creations which were pronounced yummy and delicious!

Ellie's turn to use the mixer while Maddie and Annie carefully study her technique.

Hmmm . . . what does molasses smell like?

Abby has an attentive audience

Maddie and the "ooey, gooey" molasses

Yup, we are already teaching Annie to sample the cookie dough

Annie was supposedly smelling the fresh out of the oven Ginger Snaps -- but I have a feeling she was sneaking a nibble!

2 comments:

day by day said...

How fun! Hey, how come there doesn't seem to be flour from one end of your kitchen to the next like when we baked
our cookies? : )

Amie said...

oh these pics make me smile so much. You are making such beatfiul memories with the girls and they look like they are having so much fun. HOw sweet! I know your heart is full this season!

:)
Amie

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs